Abalone King is freshly pick from the sea and instantly freeze to retain the freshness. It taste and texture is a compliment to many cuisine. Full with nutrition facts, good for all ages. No preservative added.
- Big 17/19g
- Medium 14/16g
Abalone can cooked in many ways. One of the ways is the tradition Chinese cuisine Braised Mushroom and Abalone. It is delicious and prefect for this coming festival.
- 10 ~ 12 Chinese Mushroom
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 small piece of pork belly
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of cooking wine
- 1 pack of abalone
- 1 carrot
- 1 broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tbsp of corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp of water
Take mushroom and soak for 4 hours until it turns soft and puffy. Trim off stalks. Strain and reserve ¾ cup (180ml) soaking liquid.
- Heat vegetable oil in a clay pot and add pork belly into it. Fry for 2 minutes, add garlic and stir for 30 sec. Add in mushroom and stir until mushroom are coated with oil.
- Add in soy sauce and cooking wine,. Pour in mushroom soaking water and boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low temperature for 45 minutes.
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil. Add a little salt. Blanch carrots for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove with metal strainer and dunk into cold water to stop the cooking. Drain. Do the same for the broccoli florets.
- When mushrooms are cooked, do a taste test. Add just a little salt if it is not salty enough. Make sure not to cook for more than 2 minutes or it will be tough and rubbery.
- Ladle mushrooms and abalone out of the pot, leaving the sauce in the pot. Pour in corn starch mixture to thicken the sauce. If it appears to be a little too thick, add a little water. Sauce should be of a pourable consistency. Turn off stove.
- Arrange blanched vegetables decoratively on a platter to form an outer circle. Arrange mushrooms to form an inner circle. Then place abalone in the center. Abalone may be served whole or sliced lengthwise.
- Drizzle sauce over abalone, mushrooms, and vegetables. Serve immediately.